John Benson KC
Inn: Middle Temple
John Benson KC is a highly experienced silk who brings his depth of expertise to employment and industrial relations litigation, personal injury and medical negligence, judicial review, health and safety and regulatory work. John enjoys a very good reputation in both civil and criminal work and has appeared for the defence and prosecution in many high profile criminal cases in recent years. He has been involved in a number of finding of fact trials in care proceedings brought by Local Authorities following the death/ serious injury of children. He was a part-time Employment Judge and is a Recorder sitting in both the criminal and civil jurisdictions. John is a frequent contributor at legal conferences.
- ECITB v Sellafield Limited (complex appeals regarding training levies).
- Booth v Oldham MBC (PHI policy litigation)
- Moretti v A1 Dominion (whistle blowing)
- Morrison v Liverpool HNS Hospitals Trust & Anor. (high value negligence claim)
- R v Carrillion Plc & Ors (Stafford Crown Court. Double fatality. Health and Safety)
- R v Snowden & Ors (Chester Crown Court- murder of Mr Gary Newlove)
- R v Horton & Ors (Manchester Crown Court. Vat carousel fraud)
- R v Hollands & Ors (Liverpool Crown Court. Murder by shooting)
- R v Henry & Ors (Old Bailey – gang murder)